Wednesday 9 April 2014

Chapter One....

Yello! Everybody's day going well? Like Ranjeet in Mind Your Langauge, a thousand apologies for my no show this morning. That's what happens when you live in a dump of a town, with a dump of an internet connection and a loaded desk waiting for you at the office...anyway, that's all done & dusted. 
I just suddenly realised something --- I haven't really introduced myself have I? That probably stems from not having patience as a virtue (as well as a bit of amateur blogging in there too!). Well my bad and just like Akon, you can blame it on me. Just the basics then. My name is Robert Phiri though as you may find out, I use the pseudonym Zach Robertson Jr. for my books. I only recently completed and published my first book series --- Creatures of the Night (Genesis & Revelations) which you can find on Smashwords.com. I've enjoyed my first foray in the writing world so far which is probably why I'm blogging about all this stuff anyway. I'm an avid reader and count among my favourite authors; John Grisham, Dan Brown and Jackie Robinson among others.
My other true passion is football and in the coming weeks, I hope to start a blog about that topic too. But for now, the bus has just been refuelled so let's hope on and continue our journey!

The air in the conference room was filled with the tension of centuries as Riordan quietly took his place at the table, though he still got a few sullen looks for being late. It had been a long and hard road to ensure the faces that now sat at the table were, in some way, united. Long gone were the days when the Clans were separated and it was every man for himself. The creation of the Camarilla had changed all that and had guaranteed some measure of peace.

The Camarilla, as a loose organisation, represented and protected all Kindred by enforcing and promulgating The Masquerade; a web of lies and misinformation to make the public believe supernatural beings like vampires could not possibly exist so as to easily feed on them. Composed of seven clans, the Camarilla was the largest organization of vampires, and possibly of any supernatural creatures, in the World of Darkness. Its symbol was an ankh hanging from a necklace.

The organisation had sworn to uphold the legendary Six Traditions of Kane, the Father of all vampires. Like any other laws though, the Traditions were commonly ignored, bent or violated outright.

To be continued on the morrow.
Interesting vampire "fact" #2: The thing about Sesame Street's Count von Count is actually true. One way to deter a vampire is to scatter seeds (usually mustard) at the door or spread fishing net over the windows. Vampires are compelled to count the seeds or holes in the fishing net, delaying them until the sun comes up!
To top off our day, a little dark rhythm for you:
"Come to me little mortal,
I'll bring you to heaven's portal,
There'll be no more sorrow, there'll be no more pain,
Feelings of joy will fill your brain.
Come to me sweet thing,
Give me your heart, I'll make it sing,
Forget your fears, leave them behind,
Forget the troubles of your kind.
Come to me, yes that's right,
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/razr
Now hold still, it's no good to fight,
I'll take your blood and leave you dying,
Didn't you realise I could lying?"
 
Have a good evening folks! (or good day)


























No comments:

Post a Comment